Hi, Robin! Welcome to Rex Robot Reviews- I am thrilled to have you here today. I would like to say thank you for taking the time to give our readers a little insight into your thoughts :)
1. Great to have you, Robin! Can you tell us a little about Still the One?
When hair salon owner Katie Charmaine’s husband in killed in Iraq, she’s sure she’ll never love again-- until her high school sweetheart, Zack Ferguson, shows up in town, accompanied by Gracie, the daughter Katie gave up for adoption seventeen years ago. Gracie has a bad attitude, a smart mouth, major resentment against Katie for giving her up--- and a baby on the way herself.
2. What do you think will make readers fall in love with Katie and Zack?
Katie had a rough childhood-- her mother was the town tramp-- but she’s risen above it. She’s got heart, integrity and humor. Zack grew up with parents in an unhappy marriage, and he’s determined not to make the same mistake. He’s the CEO of a risk management firm and the former world championship poker player. The only risk he’s unwilling to take is with his heart-- but Katie short-circuits all of his defenses.
3. Do you have a favorite moment or scene from Still the One that you can tell us about?
One of my favorite scenes is at the very beginning, when Katie and Gracie meet for the first time. Katie’s thrilled and eager, and Gracie is scathing and scornful. The scene is both funny and emotional.
4. How about a soundtrack for Still the One- what songs would you prefer?
Hmm. Interesting question! Maybe “Ghost of Me” by Daughtry (because of Katie’s late husband); “Love Sneakin’ up on you,” by Bonnie Raitte, “I Got it Bad and that Ain’t Good” by Carly Simon, and “Inside your Heaven” by Carrie Underwood.
5. Do your hobbies and interests greatly influence your writing?
My interest in interior design means that I describe the decor of my settings quite a bit.
6. Where do you love to do all your reading/writing?
I do most of my writing in my office at home. Sometimes I’ll go to coffee shops or the library, just for a change of pace-- and I often write (longhand) in the bathtub or in bed. I have several favorite reading spots: the upstairs sofa, the downstairs sofa, my favorite rocking chair, in bed --and in the bathtub. I write all my love scenes while soaking in the tub.
7. What can we find you doing when you aren't reading or writing?
Cooking, spending time with my family, gardening, working on a design project (I’m always changing something in my house or helping a friend redo a room) or at the gym. I walk four miles and do weight training at least every other day.
8. So what comes after Still the One? Any other releases or works in progress you're excited about?
I’m working on a new book tentatively titled “The Marriage Option,” about a romance between a marriage counselor and divorce attorney. I’m having lots of fun with it.
9. What one question do you always want to answer but don't have the opportunity to? How would you answer that question?
“Are you a natural redhead?” Yes, I am! I grew up being called carrot top, and I worry about the day I’ll need to cover the gray, because I’m afraid I’ll never be able to match my shade.
10. Robin, thank you so much for stopping by! Any upcoming events? If so, where can our readers find you?
Thanks for having me! I’m speaking at writers’ conference in the town that inspired the setting of Still the One, Pontchatoula, Louisiana, on June 26th, and I’ll be at RWA’s booksigning in Orlando on July 28th. Readers can also stop by my website, robinwells.com. I have a list of group discussion questions posted there about Still the One for book clubs.
Check Robin out on:
Win Robin's Book!
"Still the One"
-Must Follow Blog (new or old)
-Leave a comment
-Tweet Contest +5
-Fan RRR on Facebook +5
-US & Canada Residents Only
-No P.O. Boxes, please :)
-Contest Ends 06/05/2010
-48hr to e-mail me back
-Good Luck! Have Fun!
Contest is now CLOSED and comments have been disabled.
Thank you to all that participated, winners can be found here. We had 74 entries!