Welcome to Rex Robot Reviews, Raine! Can't wait to hear what you have to say- we're very excited to have you! Now, let me ask you some questions :)
- 1. Which character did you enjoy writing the most and why?
I think I enjoy them all when I write each book. Currently, I am enjoying the characters of my Club Fantasy Series, a half demon of lust and his lovers. It is fun to create something I never wrote before.
- 2. What inspired Haunting Magic?
Rodrick & Jaxon were minor characters in the book Fiery Magic and the sparks flew between them. I just had to find out why Jax kept after Rod even as she came off as being a PITA to him.
- 3. If Haunting Magic had a soundtrack, which songs would you choose? Would you rather see your books on the TV screen or the big screen? Why?
Um depends….how much would they give me and if I can have a say in who gets cast *cough-Johnny Depp-cough*
- 4. How would you say that your interests influence your writing?
Certain music that I am listening to seems to work itself into my stories. In Red Hot Magic it was Andrea Bouchelli and in Fairy Kisses & Magical Dreams, it was Josh Groban. *shrugs* A little bit of what I enjoy, be it Motorcycles like Rod has in Haunting Magic to hiking, seems to come across in the characters.
- 5. What do you do when you aren't writing?
Depends on the weather here. *grins* In summer if the weather is nice, my honey, kids and I spend a weekend hiking around state parks, rollerblading or taking long walks. I also am a HUGE reader. I have over 4 huge bookcases overfull of books and I always need more. I am a book addict to the core. *laughs* I also enjoy watching movies (natural disaster flicks are my faves), TV shows on DVD (The Tudors and Stargate SG-1 are faves) and playing games on the computer or game systems.
- 6. Where is your favorite spot to read/write?
I read anywhere basically-from living room to kitchen to bedroom to the Laundromat. I write in the living room at the computer there. I am unable to write in a notebook since nothing works for me to cue the muse but give me a word doc and I am flying.
- 7. If you can take the books of only one author with you to a desert island, which author would you choose? Why?
Oh man that is sooooooo hard. I have so many favorite authors it is hard to choose just one. Um…*thinks*…maybe JD Robb/Nora Roberts….oh wait…or JR Ward…or……Bertrice Small…….or Josh Lanyon……or Kayelle Allen……ARGH! So many to choose from. Can I just take them all please??
- 8. So, what comes next? Excited about any other releases or works in progress?
Oh man, I am a glutton for punishment. I have several projects to deliver to editors and I am also creating a new series as well. So here it goes my list of 2010 projects and you can find out more information on them at my website
Devon Falls series~ Book 5: Moonlight and Magic (Paranormal/shifter), Book 6: Yuletide Magic (Holiday/Paranormal), Club Fantasy Series~ Book 1: Desires Unleashed (Paranormal BDSM Ménage), Book 2: Ecstasy Unchained (Paranormal BDSM), The Cougar Club multi-author series at AMP, Space Pirates: Bounty (Sci Fi/Futuristic Ménage) ...Plus a host of others speculating in my head waiting for their chance to come out and play.
- 9. Do you have any upcoming events? If so, where can your readers find you?
Unfortunately I am unable to go to conventions *pouts* but am all over the web. You can check out my website or my blog for more information on those dates.
Thanks for having me. Please check out my website, blog, yahoo loop and twitter to keep up-to-date on all the happenings with me.
- Thank you for the great interview, Raine!
- It's been fun :)
- Check out Raine's books at Amazon below!