About the Book:
Victoria Warrick has always known she was different. An outcast at school, she is no stranger to adversity. But when she receives an old journal for her seventeenth birthday, nothing prepares her for the dark secrets it holds -- much less one that reveals she's a witch with unimaginable power.
What's more, when she meets the dazzling but enigmatic Christian Devereux, she has no idea how much her life is about to change. Enemies will hunt her. Friends will turn on her. The terrible curse that makes her blood run black will stop at nothing to control her. And Christian has a sinister secret of his own...
What books would Victoria pick to recommend to her readers?
Victoria’s favorite thing about reading is the ability to escape into another world. She loves strong heroines, and fantastic new realms. She is also fascinated by magic (chuckle!) and loves reading about witches and wizards. She’s not really into horror stories, believe it or not, probably because in her world, those things are well probably real! Imagine reading about a zombie when you can run into one in some dark alley for real? Um, no thanks, although, I suspect that she could probably take care of herself pretty easily.
Here are some of Victoria’s favorite books that she would recommend to readers:
- The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins because it’s about a strong female protagonist, and the writing is phenomenal. She loves this series because the story is gripping, and the heroine is real and relatable.
- Jane Eyre and Pride & Prejudice because she’s a huge romantic at heart, and those are the classics, plain and simple.
- Romeo & Juliet by Shakespeare because it’s another classic, and a bittersweet tragic love-story that everyone should read at least once.
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, which by the way has nothing to do with J.K. Rowling being my personal idol. I think Victoria likes the fact that she can learn new spells and she doesn’t feel that she’s so alone in the world. She may actually be thinking of going to some sort of magic-school herself in the next year or two, I think, so we’re exploring options right now.
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer because it’s a great story, and who doesn’t enjoy a full-on paranormal love story … and especially one that includes a gorgeous vampire? Not that that would interest her in the least of course (wink, wink!) Ok fine, she does have a soft spot for the brooding, blood-drinking types, but don’t hold that against her!
- Lastly, she would recommend Bloodspell, because if she didn’t, I’d write her out of the next one. Just kidding!
Author’s Note: Seriously, Bloodspell is Victoria’s story so she may be a little sensitive about listing it here but I think she really evolves in it, and becomes this strong, fierce young woman by the end. She finds herself, falls in love, faces her fears, and comes into her own. I think Victoria is an inspiration to a lot of girls struggling with being different, but that’s just me. So be sure to check out Bloodspell if you want to learn more about Victoria!
One lucky winner will receive a copy of BLOODSPELL!
Giveaway ends 7/1/11 at 11:59PM
USA Residents Only
Read Contest Policies
Comment with a book/series you would recommend to Victoria! Don't forget to leave an e-mail address.
One comment per entry!
Share this giveaway on twitter, facebook, or another social networking site and receive one extra entry. Please leave links!