|June 4th - 7th|
Last year was my first year at BEA so all the blog posts prepared me for the pure awesome of BEA. Anyway, one of the big things that confused me last year was registering. Thankfully I had a blogger buddy walk me through the free registration- I was ready to pay for admission. (Thanks, Brittany!)
So... If you're a book blogger, you can register for free as such. Now this does not actually mean that you will be approved. What happens is that you register, receive a confirmation e-mail, and if they do NOT contact you within two weeks, you were approved. Free pass. Yay! If not, you can register for the BBC (Book Blogger Convention)- which includes access to the exhibit floor- or you can pay for an exhibit pass.
Register as Press/Book Blogger for Free:
- Go HERE to register.
- Fill out all your information, click continue*
- Choose Blogger (Need at least 3 posts/week)
- Your impressions are your blog stats. (Unique visitors per week/month)
- Fill out the rest of the questionnaire on this page, click continue
- Concurrent Events are NOT free. Only click the boxes if you wish to attend! Hit continue.
- Verification page! Review your information, then hit FINISH at the bottom. If you do not hit finish, it doesn't verify!
- Now it is time to wait a grueling 2 weeks to make sure you're approved. They will e-mail you if you aren't... Good luck!
*Side Note: When choosing a "Title" for yourself, if you're a blogger, I highly suggest calling yourself Blogger instead of Book Reviewer (or Editor or something else you may come up with.) I luckily chose to call myself a Blogger last year, but I know some didn't and I heard lots of angry/smart remarks about that. Besides, be proud to blog!! It is awesome. :)
For more information about BookExpo America and other ways to register, visit http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/Register-Now/