Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Books I'd Want On A Deserted Island
1. Animalia by Graeme Base - I could look at this book for hours. I see something new every time. The illustrations are gorgeous.
- Brian Froud's World of Faerie - This is another book that I can look at forever. It just excites my imagination.
3. The Complete Grimm's Fairytales - I really enjoy fairy tales and these would probably entertain me for a bit.
4. The Complete Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales - Can't have Grimm without Andersen...
5. An Atlas - I love pouring over maps. I find them so fascinating. Again, probably would keep me entertained for hours. Plus, maybe I could work out my coordinates. Ha!
6. World Almanac and Book of Lists - I'm a huge reference book junkie. There is something so neat about lists of things. Plus I could memorize the information and quiz myself, thus providing hours and hours of...something.
7. SAS Survival Handbook - I'm thinking this would come in reallllly handy.
8. A book on ventriloquism - if I am going to be on a deserted island, I'm going to need some Wilsons (a la Castaway) of my own. This way Wilson can talk back to me!
9. Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss- Just for a little inspiration
10. The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne - Just in case I wasn't inspired enough by the Robinsons