LIFE OF A BLOGGER: TRAVEL EDITION
Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme by Novel Heartbeat. It gives us a chance to talk about non-bookish passions and interests.
Today's topic is Travel! This is a topic that is on the forefront of my mind since my husband and I have been kicking around going on a vacation for awhile now. But we can't decide when or where to go. It's amazing how complicated things get when taking a 3.5 year old into consideration. I would consider myself decently traveled. I've been out of the country, but no where incredibly exotic (unless you count Costa Rica). But I've been lucky to visit some of my "bucket list" places in my life. Here are some of places I've visited:
Within the US:
- Oregon: I live in Seattle, so I've been to Oregon many many times. I've driven down the coast once and have also visited Oregon wine country a couple times. Bring on the Pinots!
- California: Another place I've visited many times:
- Disneyland (3 times)
- San Diego (3 times)
- San Francisco
- An amazing road trip with my best friend. We drove down the coast through the Redwoods, skipped through Sonoma Valley, drove through San Fran to Reno. Super fun.
- Arizona: My parents really like Arizona, so I've been there a few times. Plus my husband's dad and stepmom live near Sedona and his grandparents live near Tucson.
- Phoenix (3-4 times)
- Sedona (2 times)
- Grand Canyon (once time was when my husband proposed to me!)
- Boston and surrounding areas
- Portland, Maine and the Maine coast
- Orlando (mostly to visit the theme parks)
- Utah: another driving trip to the national parks: Canyonlands, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Zion
- Las Vegas (2 times)
- Hawaii (Oahu and Maui)
- British Columbia: Vancouver (many, many times - I dated a Canadian!), Whistler
- Banff and Jasper National Parks
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
- Costa Rica (honeymoon!)
- The Netherlands
- Mexico (Cancun - 3 times...never again!)
|Coffee Plantations in Costa Rica (before the horse tried to buck me off)|
|Manuel Antonio Beach in Costa Rica|
|Cape Breton, Nova Scotia|
|Venice! (And 20 weeks pregnant) We look so Seattle-y|
|Brugge, Belgium - one of my favorite places! Please ignore the preggo face. ;)|
Places I would LOVE to visit:
- Japan: So so many cool things to see there
- A central Europe trip: Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary. I would especially like to do one of those river cruises.
- Scandinavia, especially Iceland!
- All of the Canadian provinces. I've got a decent start but I made a huge tactical error by not visiting PEI when I was in Nova Scotia.
- Southern Florida
- East Coast: more of New England, NYC, Washington DC
- New Mexico
- Big Island of Hawaii