LIFE OF A BLOGGER: Fears
Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme by Novel Heartbeat. It gives us a chance to talk about non-bookish passions and interests.
My one main fear is a fear of falling. Not heights. But falling. Basically, if I don't feel secure and I feel like I might fall, I hate it. Ladders, suspension bridges, see-through floors, rope courses, grated staircases, stand up paddleboards, rock climbing...you name it. If it is not securely fastened to something and immovable, I don't want to be on it.
Other things that freak me out:
- The idea of being swarmed. By snakes, rats, insects, Tribbles, doesn't matter.
- Monkeys. They creep me out to no end.
- Something horrible Happening, like a terrible natural disaster, or being tortured, or being attacked. I probably would not survive the apocalypse. I'm not even sure I would want to.
- The feeling of being suffocated or not being able to breathe. I can't even wear turtlenecks.
- Having someone or something die in front of me, or worse having to kill something. My friend had to put a baby bunny down after her cat attacked it. I admire her for putting it out of its misery, but I know I couldn't have done it.
- Losing my daughter. Losing my husband is a very close second, but the idea of my daughter dying is an idea I can't think about.